How to Use Your Handicap for a Fun Round of Golf
- Know your handicap. You can use the golf calculator listed below. I use the swing by swing app to track my handicap.
- I currently have a 17 handicap. Don’t Judge!
- Find the slope of your course.
- I am playing the blue tees at Meadowbrook Country Club in West Memphis AR.
- Slope Rating is 137
- Calculate your on course handicap.
- Here is the formula:
- (Your Handicap) x (Course Slope) / 113
- (17 x 137) / 113 = 21
- Want a cheat sheet? Here you go.
- If you are playing with any other golfers, you will need to determine their on course handicap as well.
- Subtract the lowest on course handicap from your handicap. This is how many strokes you will be given.
- A 21 handicap vs a 11 handicap. 21 – 11 = 10.
- The 21 handicap gets 1 additional stroke on each of the 10 hardest holes.
- Prior to your round, add the additional stroke to the 12 hardest.
- There should be a handicap line on your score card with numbers ranging from 1 to 18. 1 is the hardest and 18 is the easiest.
- Now go out there and play smart, kick butt and have fun!
Want a PDF copy of these steps? You can download it here! This will also add you to my weekly email which covers all sorts of golf, fitness and nutrition tips. A link will appear below the Success message.